A meeting of the Supervisory Board of “National Investment Agency” was held in the Ministry of Regional Development of Russia
The Ministry of Regional Development organized a meeting of the Supervisory Board of the National Investment Agency “Invest in Russia” chaired by the Minister, Igor Slyunyayev. The meeting was attended by Deputy Minister Mikhail Krouk, Director of the Department for the non-budgeted investment projects Maria Shilkina, Chairman of the National Council for Investment Climate Development Yury Voicehovsky, representatives of the business community.
As part of its activities, the Agency will promote investment in the regions in order to develop their infrastructure as well as to create favorable conditions in all areas for the investment activity in the regions of Russia.
During the meeting the structure of the organization was discussed.
Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Agency became the Minister of Regional Development Igor Slyunyaev , President of the Agency – Yuri Spiridonov , Executive Director – Yury Voicehovsky.
In the framework of the Agency the following councils will be created:
– Advisory council;
– International Council;
– Council of Territorial Development;
– Coordinating Council.
Earlier the Agency jointly with the Ministry of Regional Development of Russia made the decision to form the “Association of regional investment agencies”, which should become a platform for interaction and exchange of experience among regional agencies, coordinating efforts to promote investments between the federal center and the regions as well as the integration of regional agencies in the international investment community.
The main activities of the Association are as follows:
– Assistance in providing information to investors about the investment potential in Russia and its regions, about state programs supporting investors, the priority investment sectors of the Russian economy and specifics of investing in each particular region and sector;
– Assistance to members of the association in working out the schemes of relations with Russian and foreign investors and investment agencies;
– Cooperation between regional investment agencies of Russia in order to gather information about the companies and individual entrepreneurs implementing or planning to implement investment projects;
– Conducting specialized trainings organized in cooperation with the World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA), including the preparation of investment projects according to international standards;
– Preparation and publication of materials about the investment climate in Russia and its regions;
– Assistance in monitoring the execution of orders and commitments of Russian organizations and government agencies during the implementation of investment projects;
It is planned to organize a competition for the creation of a trademark of the Agency and to prepare consultations with the WAIPA and other foreign investment institutions (investment agency of Singapore, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development).
It is expected that the Agency will be represented at the exhibition of commercial real estate “MIPIM” in 2014, which will take place on 11 – 14 March, 2014 in Cannes, France.